Résumé for Andrew McNamara
Competent software professional with over 20 years experience in building and supporting network infrastructure and applications.
|Familiar with:||MacOS X, Microsoft Windows|
|SDK's and Development Tools:|
|Highly Competent:||SVN, CVS, Make, Yacc, Lex, Unix shell tools|
|Familiar with:||GTK+, Aegis, Cook|
NSW Higher School Certificate, North Sydney Boys High School, 1986
Open Source Project Contributions:
- albatross - a small and flexible Python toolkit for developing highly stateful web applications - ongoing maintenance (work sponsored by Object Craft).
- NetEpi Collection and Analysis - network enabled tools for epidemiology and public health practice - primary developer (work sponsored by NSW Health and the Australian Government Department of Health and Aging).
- ocpgdb - a Python DB-API 2 (aka pep-0249) adapter for PostgreSQL - primary developer (work sponsored by Object Craft).
- Postfix MTA - PRCE map implementation, "virtual domain" mail delivery agent, misc other minor patches (work sponsored by connect.com.au, now AAPT).
- Python language - "csv" module, based on the csv module by Dave Cole (work sponsored by Object Craft).
- Computer hardware, operating systems, communications
- Amateur Radio (callsign VK2TAN)
- Bushwalking, swimming, cycling and canoeing
Outline of employment history with major achievements:
Nov 2001 - present: Object Craft Pty Ltd - Senior Developer
- Specialised custom programming tasks, with a focus on Internet applications.
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the NetEpi open source project.
Oct 1994 - Nov 2001: connect.com.au - System Architect
- Design, deployment and maintenance of connect.com.au's Internet systems, specialising in messaging and DNS.
- Leading a small team of System Administrators, and providing mentoring to the Systems group as a whole.
1989 - Oct 1994: KCS Australia - Software engineer
- General maintenance and customisation of KCS's Keno system for casinos
- Development of an RF-linked hand-held Keno point-of-sale terminal
- Development of a player operated Keno point-of-sale terminal
- Supervision and commissioning of new Keno systems
- Refactoring and integration into the baseline a large body of code developed independantly by the U.S. arm of the company.
- Customer support
1987: Powerhouse Museum - contractor
- Construction of interactive exhibits prior to opening of Stage 2.
Oct 1985 - 1989: Sound Affair Pty. Ltd. - technician
- Maintenance and basic repairs of hire sound equipment.
- Installation and commissioning of public address systems.